Walnuts are round, single-seeded stone fruits that grow from the walnut tree. They are a good source of healthful fats, protein, and fibre.
- Rich source of plant based omega-3 essential fatty acid,
- Lower risk of cancer,
- Enhances antioxidant in the body
- Prevent inflammation on the body
- Help improves memory and brain activity
- Reduces the bad cholesterol
- Great for hair and skin
- Treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Prevents constipation and helps digestion
- Lower blood pressure
- Helps sleep well
- Helps lose weight.
- Good for bone health.
Walnuts are made up of 65% fat and about 15% of protein. They’re low in carbs — most of which consist of fibre
A 1-ounce (30-gram) serving of walnuts — about 14 halves — provides the following nutrients:
- Calories: 185
- Water: 4%
- Protein: 4.3 grams
- Carbs: 3.9 grams
- Sugar: 0.7 grams
- Fiber: 1.9 grams
- Fat: 18.5 grams