Flax Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fats They are a rich source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a mostly plant-based omega-3 fatty acid
- Reduces risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease,
- Aids in maintaining normal blood sugar levels,
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and bones
- Boost immune system
- Helps to reduce inflammation in body
- Good remedy for healthy eye and kidney
- Beneficial for maintaining healthy reproductive system
Flaxseeds have 534 calories per 3.5 ounces (100 grams) — corresponding to 55 calories for each tablespoon (10 grams) of whole seeds.
They consist of 42% fat, 29% carbs, and 18% protein.
One tablespoon (10 grams) of whole flax seeds provides the following nutrients:
- Calories: 55
- Water: 7%
- Protein: 1.9 grams
- Carbs: 3 grams
- Sugar: 0.2 grams
- Fiber: 2.8 grams
- Fat: 4.3 grams
There are no reviews yet.
Write a customer review