Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are packed with essential nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fibre.
- Chia seed have a huge amount of fibre and antioxidants with a very lower amount of calories which show better result in weight loss, perfect for skin aging, heart disease, cancer and many other health issues.
- Chia seeds are naturally gluten free which promotes a healthy digestive system, improves cholesterol level and trigger your energy level.
- Chia seed are rich in protein and calcium which helps to maintain your bones stronger, boost heart muscles and nervous system functions.
- High contain of omega 3 fatty acid fight against depression & anxiety, improves eye health, and reduce the chance of metabolic syndrome etc.
- chia seeds can also be added whole or ground to smoothies and juices, mixed into yogurt or oatmeal, or sprinkled on top of a salad.
A one-ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains (1):
- Fibre: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are omega-3s).
- Calcium: 18% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDI.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDI.
- They also contain a decent amount of zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2