Almonds are among the world’s most popular tree nuts. Almonds are nutritional power house.
They are highly nutritious and rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Reduces cholesterol & lower risk of heart attack.
- Make teeth & bones strong and prevent osteoporosis
- Provides excellent brain function
- Reduces risk of Alzheimer
- Help in weight control as it contains healthy facts
- Excellent skin tonic
- Nourishes nervous system
- Protects walls of blood vessels
- Increase intellect
- Enhances longevity
A 1-ounce (28-gram) serving of almonds contains (1):
- Fiber: 3.5 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Fat: 14 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated)
- Vitamin E: 37% of the RDI
- Manganese: 32% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 20% of the RDI
- They also contain a decent amount of copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and phosphorus.
This is all from a small handful, which supplies only 161 calories and 2.5 grams of digestible carbohydrates.