- Quinoa in Bengali Quinoa is known as Chandan betu, Bathua, or Bathuwa in Bengali1 Quinoa is mother of grain and very nutritious.
- Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids..
- It is also high in fibre, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants. Shadleen’s herb providing best quality Quinoa in Bangladesh
Quinoa price in Bangladesh is differ in different time as per the import availability and cost.
- Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids
- Quinoa contains almost twice as much fibre as most other grains. Fibre relieve constipation, lowers cholesterol and glucose levels, may lower your risk of developing haemorrhoids, and may help you to lose weight. It also helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Quinoa contains Iron.
- Quinoa contains lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
- Quinoa is rich in magnesium which helps reduce Type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar control and and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
- Quinoa has a high content of manganese.
This is the nutrient content in 1 cup (185 grams) of cooked quinoa (2):
- Protein:8 grams.
- Fiber:5 grams.
- Manganese:58% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA).
- Magnesium:30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus:28% of the RDA.
- Folate:19% of the RDA.
- Copper:18% of the RDA.
- Iron:15% of the RDA.
- Zinc:13% of the RDA.
- Potassium9% of the RDA.
- Over 10% of the RDA for vitamins B1, B2 and B6.
- Small amounts of calcium, B3 (niacin) and vitamin E.
- This comes with a total of 222 calories, with 39 grams of carbsand 4 grams of fat. It also contains a small amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
Here’s a recipe for a refreshing and nutritious Quinoa, Arugula, Radish, Tomato, and Cucumber Salad:
- quinoa nutrition facts: The nutrition facts for 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of cooked quinoa are (Trusted Source6Trusted Source):
- Calories: 120
- Water: 72%
- Protein: 4.4 grams
- Carbs: 21.3 grams
- Sugar: 0.9 grams
- Fiber: 2.8 grams
- Fat: 1.9 grams
1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 4-6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, arugula, radishes, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and fresh parsley.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients in the large bowl. Toss gently to coat all the ingredients with the dressing.
- Transfer the salad to a serving dish or individual plates.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the refreshing flavors and textures of this healthy quinoa salad.
Note: Feel free to customize this salad by adding additional ingredients such as avocado, feta cheese, or toasted nuts for added flavor and texture.
This salad is not only visually appealing with the vibrant colors of the vegetables but also packed with nutrients, making it a perfect choice for those following a healthy, detoxifying, and vegetarian diet. Enjoy!
Is quinoa any healthier than rice?